VFP2IIS is a tool used for running a VFP program on a WEB server. VFP2IIS with IIS provide automatic conversion VFP user interface into IE thru HTML code. Most forms can be run as desktop or WEB application without any additional code.
VFP2IIS allows the insertion of personal scripting and IE event bindings to HTML code.
VFP can therefore be used as tool for developing WEB application, especially application working with data.
VFP2IIS enables the developper to control processes through the properties and methods of VFP controls. With this possibility you can redefine default event and data handling, generate your own html code with scripting and in extreme cases completely change VFP2IIS behaviour.
- Only VFP code, no additional components are needed
- Common VFP controls for desktop and WEB user interface, (same form can be used for desktop and WEB UI)
- Automatic data synchronization between Desktop and IE
- Automatic event binding from IE to VFP control (click, rightclick, dblclick, resize)
- Powerful HTML generator of all visual VFP controls, with respect to most properties (positioning, coloring, font styles, mouse pointers, text style and alignment) excluding the graphical style of checkbox and option button
- Generator supports anchoring, generate HTML with dependency on anchoring value
- Simple control of HTML generation thru additional properties of VFP controls
- Possibility of IE Window (frame) synchronization (refreshing)
- Use of a function similar to the VFP Messagebox with handling return value from IE in VFP
- Binary output for sending generated binary files or streams like PDF output
- Support easy definition of context menu through list of bars (similar to a popup shortcut menu ) with automatic back bindings to VFP control
- Utilities (HTML encoding, decoding, path conversion, load template and substitution)
- Displaying parts of form in separate IE Window
- Easy upload files to server
- Interface for AddIn VFP modules
(Features not supported by VFP UI - used in WEB application through properties)
- HTML iframe, frame support
- HTML Microsoft filter support
- Open interface of HTML generator supports the insertion of own java and vb script, data conversion or redefinition of generated HTMLcode
VFP2IIS only supports VFP native objects. Since some frequently used parts of your VFP application may be not directly supported, you must check your VFP code and generate HTML, especially for:
- VFP control class (can be used as container, but is not handled automatically by VFP2IIS)
- VFP Menu
- ActiveX and embedded objects like tree, date picker